(1) Postdoc, 50 months (deadline for applications 8 March 2021, deadline has passed but applications are still considered)
Your application should quote the position number 1223700 / 03 / 21 in the subject line of the email, and please send all parts of your application in one pdf attached to your message to email@example.com. Do not send any .doc attachments, as I will not receive emails with such attachments (they are filtered out).
Need completed PhD in data science, statistics, ecology, microbiology or related field.
Demonstrated ability through relevant publications to work in ecology related to soil, and with a particular quantitative orientation. We are especially looking for candidates who can bring excellent statistical skills (with R) as a special skill in the lab, and who are generally interested in data synthesis and in the development of ecological concepts. Explicitly desired is experience with machine learning. Thematically, the position holder should strengthen the topic area of Global Change in the lab. Participation and leadership in general lab projects (especially in the area of data analysis and synthesis) is also expected. Teaching Expectations (this position comes with a teaching load of 4 credits per semester): Courses will be offered in BSc Biology as well as in the candidate’s specialty topic.
(2) Postdoctoral fellowship (2 years; 1 candidate each year for the next 3 years – open until filled)
Through the Henriette Herz Scouting Program of the Humboldt Foundation, I am looking for female scientists with strong statistics/ data science & analysis/ machine learning/ modeling skills to tackle problems in global change biology, especially concerning the influence of multiple factors or soils. Please consider the following guidelines for this program:
- Doctorate completed within the last 12 years
- Above-average publication record commensurate with career level
- Have not undertaken post-doctoral research stays nor completed degrees/doctorates in Germany
- Do not hold German nationality
- Language skills: good knowledge of German or English, depending on research proposal
- Availability: the research fellowship should commence within 12 months of being granted
- No previous applications submitted to the Foundation by the candidate; no previous sponsorship in any of the Foundation’s fellowship programmes
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your cv (attached as pdf) and mention Henriette Herz in the subject line of your email. Do not send any .doc attachments, as I will not receive emails with such attachments (they are filtered out).